Aswan Market is a marketplace located in the city of Aswan, Egypt. It is known for its bazaar-style atmosphere and offerings of traditional Egyptian goods. It is known for its traditional Nubian crafts and souvenirs, as well as spices, textiles, and jewelry. Tourists often visit the market to purchase souvenirs and experience the local culture. It is a hub of local commerce.
How to explore Aswan Market?
- Browse and shop for traditional Egyptian souvenirs and goods such as textiles, spices, jewelry, and pottery.
- Experience the bazaar-style atmosphere of the market and interact with local vendors and shopkeepers. Observe the local way of life in the market.
- Haggle for goods and try to get the best price. Look for high-quality spices, herbs, and seasonings from local vendors to bring home.
- Sample local food and drinks from street vendors or cafes, such as Egyptian sweets, falafel, kushari, or fuul.
- Take a walking tour of the market and discover hidden shops and stalls.
- Explore the adjacent Nubian Market for handmade crafts and textiles in bright, traditional Nubian styles. The street vendors there sell handmade goods and souvenirs too.
- Visit nearby historical sites such as the Aswan High Dam and the Philae Temple.
- Take a felucca boat ride on the Nile River for scenic views of the city.